Thursday, September 30, 2010

September 22, 2010 - Interstate State Park

I have been to Interstate several times in the past. The geological forces that created the landscape still blow me away. As I walked into the park, the first thing I saw was a bright red Burning Bush. The color was so intense and hopefully the picture I took can display the fire I saw. Thanks to the park naturalist for answer my questions regarding the Burning Bush and the oxidation on the rocks.

I took a few more pictures to give you an idea of the beauty of Interstate. The riverboat is a must picture and really shows how high the cliffs are along the river. I also included a picture of how many people disrespect nature and those who enjoy it. PLEASE - Don't ruin nature by leaving trash and cigarettes.

The photo of the barn/silo is for my sister Rondi. I saw this on the road from O'Brien to Interstate.

1 comment:

  1. 16 miles from William O'Brien, 59 total miles driving, 1 mile hiking and 3 miles total hiking.

    ReplyDelete