Thursday, September 30, 2010

September 22, 2010 - St. Croix State Park

Again, I have been to St. Croix several times. Still one of my faves due to so much to do here. I have gone canoeing, kiking, biking, jeeping and went up 100 foot fire fire tower here. Since I have an "uncomfortableness" with heights, I decided to keep my visit limited to going up the fire tower again. I was not disappointed from a view perspective or a human perspective. This is a very nice state park with a variety of options of things to do. Do stop by here, but also visit the previous parks that I talked about before.

So I went up the fire tower. Amazing how sore your hands and arms get when you feel that you need to hand on for dear life. Got up to the top and just stood there looking at all the colors and topography. I was up there for about 10 minutes when Bill, a Gulf War veteran, came up to join me. Great person. Amazing how nature can bring two different perspectives politically together and make it really not mean a thing. Don't get me wrong, I will always support a soldier doing what he/she is being told to do, but may not agree with the politics of it all. I love my freedom and thank those that have fought for me, my family and friends to have this freedom. Thanks Bill and Thanks to Jordan, my friend Marc's son. Got bless you both.

2 comments:

  1. 55 miles to St Croix from Wild River, 127 total miles, 100ft straight up for hiking and total kiking is 3.1 miles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction: total miles hiked is 5.1

    ReplyDelete