Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October 4, 2010 - Bemidji, MN Seeking some soup for the soul.

As I was driving from Itasca to Lake Bemidji State Park, I realized I was hungry. Not just for anything, but soup and something wholesome. When I got to Bemidji, I drove around downtown to see if I could find a little cafe that stood out. Seeing a couple of locations, but not quite satisfied with my exploration, I drove around a little more.

Much to my surprise, I drove by the Harmony Co-op twice before actually seeing it. Being a fan of co-ops and natural/organic foods, I decided to take a chance they may have a good soup at the deli. As with all co-ops, I was greeted by a warm smile. I asked if they had fresh soup at the deli and the person walked me straight back their and introduced me to Kay, the Deli Manager. Kay asked me if I liked spicy foods. Yep!! She said I was in luck. Today their soup was Texas Three Bean soup and gave me a sample to try. Winner, Winner, Soup's for Dinner!! (In parts of MN, lunch is called dinner and supper is the night time meal)

Wanting a little more than a cup of soup, I browsed around a little more and found hummus, a rice noodle pasta, wraps and other fresh, organic options. Kay again came to my rescue by introducing my culinary taste buds to hot (spicy) Deli Ambrosia. Now that's what I am talking about!!! This is so good. I asked if she had an flat bread to go with it. She did but it was all frozen. Instead, we chose a Sesmark rice cracker. To finish off my lunch, I got some organic green tea.

Thanks Kay for all of the great suggestions. To learn more about Harmony Co-op either go to 117 3rd Street NW in Bemidji or visit them online at www.harmonycoop.com

I then drove to Lake Bemidji State Park to have my lunch on the shores of the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment