Friday, October 29, 2010

October 9, 2010 - Glacial Lakes State Park






This is another fantastic park. The park ranger suggested that I take the hike around the east end of Mountain Lake. It was here that I learned that after 32 parks, I was eligible to get a free night of camping. Thanks to the ranger!!

The leaves had pretty much fallen by the time I got to this park, so I did not get too much in colors. The campground is excellent and overlooks the lake. There are a few camper cabins here for those of you who are like me and love having a campfire, but like a comfy bed to sleep in.

Highway Miles from Maplewood to Glacial Lakes: 100.6
Total Highway Miles this Leg of Trip: 323.1
Total Highway Miles: 2393.3
Hiking Miles at Glacial Lakes: 1.4
Hiking Miles this Leg of Trip: 9.6
Total Hiking Miles: 59.9

No comments:

Post a Comment