Saturday, October 2, 2010

September 27, 2010 - Old Mill State Park




Never judge a book by it's cover. How many times have we all heard this? I am a convert. Originally wanted to see the old mill and decided to explore more and boy, was I surprised. What I thought would be just a quick view of the old mill sight ended up being a 2 mile hike. This is a very nice park and don't let the simplicity of it fool you. Much beauty in the fall and I am sure it is awesome year around. This park actually brought tears to my eyes because of the simplistic beauty of it all. Anyone my age remembers riding a spring driven horse, or hippo or alligator. It was so much fun when you got a little too heavy and you could make it touch it's nose to the ground and then kick you off the back end as a revenge!!!

Miles from Lake Bronson to Old Mill: 37.3
Total Highway Miles: 1136.1
Hiking Miles at Old Mill: 2 miles
Total Hiking Miles: 33.7

No comments:

Post a Comment