Friday, October 1, 2010

September 22, 2010 - Moose Lake State Park

Every time I have driven up to Duluth I see the sign for this park. I have never stopped before, but will go again sometime to try out the fishing and see the visitor center (it was closed by the time I got there). I don't know if I was just tired, but Moose Lake didn't do much for me. I will stop by again to see the visitors center, ride the bike trails and fish. I did meet two fishermen at Franz Jevne State Park later in the week and they told me they caught a Muskie or Sturgeon on the lake. Don't know if this was a fish tale or not, but the state park website for Moose Lake does not mention the presence of either of these fish. Mileage from Banning is 19.1, total driving mileage is 176.7, hiked 1/2 mile in the park and have total of 6.6 hiking miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment