Friday, October 29, 2010

October 9, 2010 - Maplewood State Park






Maplewood State Park is beautiful. I wish I could have been here a little earlier to see the full effect of the fall colors. This is a large park with lots of hiking trails. I asked the park ranger which trail would give me the best view of the park and colors. He said to take the Hallaway Hill scenic hike. This is not a hike for those with less mobility, so make sure you understand their is a sizable hill you need to hike.

The first picture on this entry is of a tree. What do you think it looks like? See the end of the blog to see what my opinion is.

I would like to spend a weekend and look forward to doing that soon.

Highway Miles from Glendalough to Maplewood: 37.7
Total Highway Miles this Leg of Trip: 232.5
Total Highway Miles: 232.5
Hiking Miles in Maplewood: 1.2
Total Hiking Miles this Leg of Trip: 8.2
Total Hiking Miles: 58.5

No comments:

Post a Comment