Friday, October 29, 2010

October 8-9, 2010 - Lake Carlos State Park






I decided to spend the night at Lake Carlos. Last time I was here it was rainy and our boat, which we left on the beach, got swamped by the waves. But we still had fun since this is such a beautiful park.

I started a fire to help me see as I was putting up my tent in the dark. Good thing I know the tent well and it only took me a few minutes longer than normal. Again, when outside of the Twin Cities, it is amazing how many stars you can see without all of the light pollution.

I woke up early the next morning to a wonderful sunrise over the lake. I was able to get in a great hike to start my day off. The group camp is amazing and would recommend any group to utilize these facilities. It is so nice getting up early to see and hear the wonders of the woods. I took the Hidden Lake Trail along Lake Carlos and did part of the Maple-Basswood Interpretive Trail.

Highway Miles from Lindbergh to Lake Carlos: 58.2
Total Highway Miles this Leg of Trip: 156.0
Total Highway Miles: 2215.6
Total Hiking Miles Lake Carlos: 2.5
Total Hiking Miles this Leg of Trip: 5.4
Total Hiking Miles: 55.7

No comments:

Post a Comment