Saturday, October 2, 2010

September 26, 2010 - Big Bog State Recreational Area









OMG! This place is amazing.




















I decided to do the Northern Unit since I have been to bogs before and know how much nature they can reveal. I met so many nice people on this trail and learned from them what to look for in the bog.





Two women with their kids were exploring all of the different types of mushrooms and the kids were able to tell me which mushrooms were poisonous. The hike around the lake is about 1/3 of a mile, but the boardwalk is 1 mile each way. Okay, lots of pictures at this park. Do you think that I liked it?

All I can say, is go to Scenic and then go to Big Bog, or vice-versa. Bottom line, just do them both.

Miles from Scenic to Big Bog: 74.5
Total Highway Miles: 835.6
Hiking Miles at Big Bog: 2.3
Total Hiking Miles: 25.9

No comments:

Post a Comment