Saturday, October 2, 2010

September 26, 2010 - Franz Jevne State Park


Got the detour provided by the park ranger at Zippel Bay. Missed it at first, so went a little further on a torn apart road than I needed to go. But after going down gravel roads, a dozen or more dear stands and a pile of tires used as fill for the road, I got to Franz Jevne.

The simpleness of this park is it's appeal. Not a lot to it, but it is beautiful just the same. This where I met the guy talking about catching a muskie or a sturgeon down at Moose Lake State Park. He had so many great stories and I know he would have talked about more if I didn't have to go. I could really tell that he liked this park because he was a little frustrated that the construction allowed him to only see the park once this year.

Miles from Zippel Bay to Franz Jevne: 48.2
Total Highway Miles: 942.6
Hiking Miles at Franz Jevne: 0.5
Total Hiking Miles: 28.4

No comments:

Post a Comment