Saturday, October 2, 2010

September 24, 2010 - Tettegouche State Park


























This park totally speaks to me. I don't know what it is, but I feel drawn to this park each time I am up north. In fact, as I was driving by it to get up to Grand Portage, I just wanted to stop in to say "hi". I am right now laughing at myself too, so don't worry if you are laughing at me.

I decided this would be my big hike of the day. I started out at the trailhead by the campground. Before leaving a met a group of young men with backpacks and fly rods. They were taking their picture and I asked if I could help. After taking their picture, I found out they were hiking up to Bear and Bean Lakes to go fishing. I estimate it is about at 7 mile hike. I have been told about these two lakes and need to backpack there next spring.

I followed the superior hiking trail to the High Falls, went to the bottom of the high falls and back up to the trail that would take me to Two Steps Falls. And then back to the trail head. This ended up being about a 3 mile hike in total. I was beat after this one since I took about 200 stairs down and up. Love going down, but the up can be challenging. :-)

Miles from Temperance to Tettegouche: 22.3
Total Highway Miles: 467.8
Hiking Miles Tettegouche: 3.0
Total Hiking Miles: 17.5

No comments:

Post a Comment