Friday, October 1, 2010

September 23, 2010 - Grand Portage State Park

This is my second trip to Grand Portage State Park. Again, I was amazed at how beautiful this park is and encourage you to make the trip up to see this park. I know that it is a long way to get here, but you will love it. The were just opening up the brand new visitor center the next weekend and it is awesome. Great job designing it.

Because I did not have a lot of time, I decided to take the hike only to the High Falls of the Pigeon River. When you go, I highly recommend that you make the 4.6 mile round trip hike to the Middle Falls. It is a great hike and you will not be disappointed. I went there 6 years ago with a friend and we both loved it. It is an easy trail.

The trail to the High Falls is a little over a mile round trip. With all the rain, the falls were more spectacular than the first time I saw them. Go here, that is all I can say, just go here.

Highway Mileage from Split Rock Lighthouse: 124.6
Total Highway Mileage: 376.1
Hiking Mileage: 1.2
Total Hiking Mileage: 11.3

No comments:

Post a Comment