Friday, October 1, 2010

September 23, 2010 - Gooseberry Falls



It is not hard to see why so many folks love this park. Over the past ten years, they have made the trails more handicapped accessible, put in a new visitor center and upgraded the parking situation.

I have always liked the middle and lower falls the best, so that is where I focused my hiking and photography. Hiked down the River View Trail and was able to cross the river using rocks. The rain that was falling did not hit the falls completely yet, so I could. Got new camera, so kind of experimenting with it. Hope I get better at using it soon.

Saw a dozen rainbow trout in the stream. Had my fishing gear, but no trout stamp.





Driving through Duluth on the way to Gooseberry reminded me of some great things I like about the area: Music: Trampled By Turtles and Charlie Parr; Food: Fitger's (had to fill my growler) and Scenic Cafe on old 61 about 20 minutes north of Duluth; and Skyline Parkway (Seven Bridges Road)

Miles from Jay Cooke to Gooseberry: 61.1, total travel miles 264.8, hiking miles at Gooseberry Falls 1.6 and total hiking miles trip 8.9.

No comments:

Post a Comment