Saturday, October 2, 2010

September 27, 2010 - Hayes Lake State Park





I am on the home stretch for the week. I have an interview tomorrow and need to get home at a decent time so I can prepare. Funny thing is that I have been preparing for my interview the entire trip. Thoughts are in the back of my head of how I want the rest of my life to be. Coming to Hayes Lake was very symbolic for me. It rained and rained throughout MN and the creeks, rivers and lakes were overcome with water. I see this is the same with corporate america. My spell check says that I need to capitalize America, but as a country, it should be capitalized, but from a corporate sense, should it be? Okay, off my pulpit.

Hayes Lake is pretty incredible. I hiked east on the Pine Ridge Trail to see the park, but from what I could see right away, I saw the water from the rains asked to much for the dam to hold back. Beautiful, but too much. The boat ramp was covered with water. The dam was overflowing from all three sides and the river overflowed the natural banks. Bottom line, the natural world will let us know when enough is enough. Will we as humans allow ourselves know when enough is enough? Hayes Lake is symbolic to me, thanks!!

Miles from Warroad to Hayes Lake: 34.7
Total Highway Miles: 1043.3
Hiking Miles at Hayes Lake: 1.9
Total Hiking Miles: 30.3

No comments:

Post a Comment