Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October 4, 2010 - Crow Wing State Park




This was another wonderful park. However, you could hear the shelling and shooting from Fort Ripley. At first I thought it was a giant woodpecker, then I got my bearings on how close the fort was to this park.

I took two hikes in the park. One in the picnic area along the Red River Oxcart Trail for 1.0 miles and the other hike was along the Mississippi River on either side of the boat launch, total of 0.7 mile.

I might have been better being here a week earlier, but it is still a beautiful park. Enjoy the pictures. Oh year, I did startle two grouse and saw 4 wild turkeys in this park.

Miles from Cuyuna Country to Crow Wing: 25.9
Total Highway Miles this Leg of Trip: 462.6
Total Highway Miles: 1957.1
Hiking Miles at Crow Wing: 1.7
Total Hiking Miles this Leg of Trip: 14.5
Total Hiking Miles: 50.3

No comments:

Post a Comment