Friday, October 1, 2010

September 23, 2010 - Split Rock Lighthouse















Split Rock has a lot of history and I decided to actually go through the tour this time around. Been here a few times before, but did not complete the tour. It was money well spent.

I sat through the movie which was about 30 minutes long. Very informative of how it was determined the light house would be built, how the construction materials were delivered (hint, they had no roads back then), who lived there and why it was shut down.

Started the tour and the tour guide was awesome, but I am not much for seeing things I don't want to see and the size went from 5 to 25 after 10 minutes.

I think my pictures will describe what I saw better than words.

Miles from Gooseberry to Split Rock: 6.7
Total highway miles: 271.5
Hiking miles at Split Rock: 1.2
Total hiking miles: 10.1

No comments:

Post a Comment